Triphala is one of the best known traditional Ayurvedic formulation known to promote digestive harmony, detoxification, and ultimately, a clear and healthy gut.
A powerful herbal formula that consists of three main ingredients: Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula). Each of these ingredients plays a unique role in supporting digestive health. Here are the individual and combined effects of these ingredients:
Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Amalaki, also known as Indian gooseberry, is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- It helps in detoxification by supporting the liver's natural cleansing process.
- Amalaki strengthens the digestive system, promotes healthy absorption of nutrients, and helps regulate bowel movements.
- It also supports overall immunity and acts as a rejuvenating agent.
- Particularly beneficial for Pitta Dosha due to its cooling effect.
Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)
- Bibhitaki is known for its astringent properties and is commonly used to support digestion.
- It helps in removing toxins from the body and supports the natural cleansing of the colon.
- Bibhitaki aids in regulating bowel movements and relieving constipation.
- Particularly beneficial for Kapha Dosha, it promotes healthy respiratory function and supports the health of the respiratory system.
Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Haritaki is considered the "king of herbs" in Ayurveda and is renowned for its rejuvenating properties.
- It supports healthy digestion and helps in maintaining regular bowel movements.
- Haritaki aids in detoxification and cleansing of the digestive tract, through its scraping effect, drawing out toxins and clearing the fine channels in the body.
- It also promotes the absorption of nutrients, supports respiratory health, and enhances overall vitality.
- Known to nourish Vata through its warming effect, Haritaki is beneficial to all 3 Doshas.
Combined Benefits of Triphala
- Triphala harnesses the synergistic effects of Amalaki, Bibhitaki, and Haritaki, balancing all 3 Doshas, resulting in a comprehensive approach to digestive health.
- It alleviates conditions stemming from stagnation, promoting repair and rejuvenation.
- Triphala supports the natural cleansing and detoxification processes of the body, promoting the elimination of toxins and waste from the intestines.
- It helps regulate bowel movements, providing relief from constipation and promoting regularity.
- Supports optimal nutrient absorption, allowing for better digestion and assimilation of essential nutrients.
- Triphala's antioxidant properties help combat oxidative stress and support overall cellular health.
- It aids in maintaining a healthy gut microbiome and supports the balance of beneficial bacteria in the digestive system.
- Triphala's combined effects contribute to improved digestion, enhanced vitality, and a clearer and healthier gut.
“Best Triphala I've bought so far! (and I've tried a lot!!!)”
Why Choose Triveda’s Triphala
Triphala is one of our best-selling supplements. Unlike harsh chemical laxatives, Triphala works naturally with your body to promote regular bowel movements without causing dependency or discomfort. It helps to restore the natural balance of your digestive system.
Our formulation comes with an additional ingredient; Pippali or long pepper known to increase absorption and assimilation in the Gut, enhancing its natural qualities and making it a potent and powerful formulation.
Our commitment to quality ensures that you're receiving the purest and most potent form of Triphala, carefully combined to support your digestive harmony and holistic well-being.
Triphala is a formulation I widely use in my clinical practice, safe to use on a regular basis with no contraindications known when used with other medication and supplements. Although long term use can cause dryness, I would suggest coming off any herbs after 3 months continuous use and taking a 3 week break before continuing. Best taken on an empty stomach or just before bedtime and with ghee if you experience dryness in the stool.
For those who are pregnant, nursing, or taking medications, I recommend speaking to your doctor or Ayurvedic practitioner before taking Triphala.
Incorporating Triphala into your wellness routine can be a game-changer on your journey to better gut health and overall vitality. This ancient Ayurvedic formula has stood the test of time for a reason and it’s the one Ayurvedic supplement I recommend the most. 🛒 Order Now